Thursday, May 1, 2008

Tanzania

We got up early this morning and piled in the car to head to Tanzania. We are spending 4 days in Arusha which is about a 5 hour drive from Nairobi. You have to cross the border (of course) - and that takes a good hour! You have to register your car in two places on either side plus stop twice for immigration - once on the Kenyan side and the other on the Tanzanian. It's quite a struggle. You don't know quite where to go if it is your first time, but plenty of helpful people point you on your way. I am not sure if they were employees or just people hanging around.

Driving south the scenery is much different than driving north. Tanzania seems to be quite fertile and there are some interesting rock formations along the way...


Time for dinner now. More later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

S and S and A,

I await more of your blog. I was asked to go to Tanzania with Karen. I said, "no." Perhaps I should have said yes.

Bill Strehlow
Geneva