Sunday, June 15, 2008

Different things in South Sudan

So we left early this morning to drive 3.5 hours north to Juba where I was flying out of. I got to sit up front - either because I was the only female or the only white person, not sure which. The driver, who is Sudanese and very skinny, was to my right. Driving in Sudan is like in the U.S. on the left side of the road but many of the cars are right hand drives. Kind of hard, in my opinion. Anyway, the two last fingers of his left hand - the pinkie and fourth finger - had a very pretty pink nail polish on them. I certainly don't see that too often. This is also the fellow who on my last trip to Sudan wore the same red (warm!) track suit for all 4 days.

I also learned that most Sudanese usually only eat 1 main meal a day - for breakfast and either lunch or dinner, they would only have a cup of tea or coffee.

No comments: