Sunday, June 29, 2008

Read an article I wrote in The Lutheran magazine

In February, you'll recall that I visited Southern Sudan as part of my work in producing the 2007 annual report for the Lutheran World Federation's Kenya-Sudan program (the office Sarah works for).

I included in that annual report several sidebar feature stories of real-life people that LWF had assisted. I adapted one of those stories for The Lutheran, the member magazine of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), where I used to work. The Lutheran has published this feature article in its July issue. Read the article: Be it ever so humble: Lutheran help follows refugee families back home to Sudan.

A companion piece about the son of the main article's subject also appears in the July/August issue of The Little Lutheran, the magazine's periodical for children. Unfortunately that magazine is not on the Web. But with that I can also add "children's author" to my resume - quite appropriate, I guess, now that I'm a father!

No comments: