Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Mystery mail: Are you J?

Recently in the mail I received something addressed to me, but to our old address in Geneva (it was forwarded from there to our current address in Kenya). Inside the envelope was a page torn from a magazine - an advertorial. On the page was a post-it note with this written by hand (in a woman's handwriting, it seems to me):

Stephen,
Try this.
It's really Good!
J

There was no return address on the envelope. I can't figure out who "J" is - and she obviously doesn't know that I now live in Kenya and not Geneva!

I can't figure out who sent this to me. Was it you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! It wasn't me. I am an American (Virginia) thinking about moving to Nairobi and reading your blog. But I get this stuff in the mail all the time. It's a marketing gimmick. They make it intentionally vague so that you'll think it's from a friend. Kinda funny that it searched the world for you.