Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The world lives!

In reference to one of my earlier posts about the new Hadron Collider at CERN in Geneva (see below), this news was released this morning: The collider was switched on for some tests this morning, and I'm happy to report that, by the very fact that I am writing this, by the fact that I'm able to report this news, the world has survived!

However, I was sitting at the desk in our spare bedroom/office this morning, and I did feel a slight tug at my body, as if a small black hole was trying to suck a large chunk of Africa into it. But I grabbed on to the large rocking chair we have next to the desk, and I was able to remain in the room. I then continued my work at the computer as usual.

Unfortunately, there's another point in the near future when the world may come to an end: November 4, the day Americans go to the polls. If they elect John McCain and Sarah Palin to a third Bush term in the White House, then we are all doomed!

No comments: